Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Front-End Engineer
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own software, and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences, and bring simplicity and humanity to banking. We make a difference for 65 million customers. At Capital One, you'll be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disruptors, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. We want you to be curious and ask \"what if?\"
Our Enterprise Customer Intelligence team is building the next generation of real-time, data-driven services that power machine-learning capabilities to our digital products. These services serve insights that drive key decision making at Capital One. We are looking for software engineers who are strong with fundamentals and have a proven curiosity to explore and tinker with new technology. The team is still in growth mode as we build out the foundational technology and features. If you want to be a key player in a team that functions like a start-up, but has the backing of a large corporation this is the role for you.
* Develop code to meet story acceptance criteria
* Raise the bar for technical excellence and lead by example
* Work as part of a dynamic team throughout the software development life cycle
* Collaborate with product and engineering leadership on delivery strategy, roadmaps, and timelines
* Collaborate with architects, engineers, data scientists, and analysts to implement enhancements or new applications
* Conduct design and code review to ensure compliance with standards and expected quality
* Estimate level of effort to develop code to meet acceptance criteria
* Remedy technical gaps and poorly designed software/architecture
* Bachelor's Degree or military experience
* At least 2 years of experience with version control systems
* At least 1 year of experience with AWS
* Experience as the technical lead in projects with multiple engineering team members
* Experience working with CICD pipelines (CircleCI or Jenkins)
* Experience with scripting languages (python, perl, or ruby)
* Experience with Node.js
* Experience with RESTful web service framework
* Experience in both Angular and React
* Experience working with containers like Docker.
* Experience with Ansible / Terraform
* Experience with Micro services architecture (design and implementation)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Associated topics: ajax, asp.net, css, d3js, js, php, reactjs, web application, web design, website
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.