Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) job in Hampton, Virginia.
The Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) job is within the military medical system and is a civilian position. Civilian and military personnel work together in the extensive military medical system. The hospitals and medical clinics provide services to the active duty military service members, military retirees, and their families.
Our employees are our best assets! Come join our team of healthcare professionals where you are valued.
- Full-time hours
- Fantastic PTO accrual rate
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefit Package (health, dental, and vision plans)
Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) Job Overview:
- Carry out a program of corrective exercise and manual treatment for assigned patients, as directed by the physical therapist.
- Under supervision, administer prescribed modalities to relieve pain, using available equipment.
- Instruct patients on segments of the program including proper use of wheelchairs, crutches, braces, and prosthetic appliances and devices.
- Administer traction to relieve neck and back pain, using intermittent and static traction equipment. Instruct, motivate, and assist patients to learn and improve functional activities.
- Observe patients during treatments and compile and evaluate data on patients' responses to treatments and progress and report orally or in writing to the physical therapist.
- Fit patients for, adjust, and train patients in the use and care of orthopedic braces, prostheses, and supportive devices, such as crutches, canes, walkers, and wheelchairs.
- Confer with members of the physical therapy staff and other health team members, individually and in conference, to exchange, discuss, and evaluate patient information for planning, modifying, and coordinating treatment programs.
- Coordinate with other departments and the clinic staff to provide complete care to patients.
Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) Job Qualifications:
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
Graduate from a college or university accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
One year of experience as a Physical Therapy Assistant after graduation
PTA Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted or possess current certification as a physical therapy assistant/technician as determined by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA).
- Computer competency (Word, Excel, Adobe, data bases, medical records, and computer operations)
Position contingent on contract award with a Spring 2019 start date. Incumbents HIGHLY encourage to contact us! Come join our team of healthcare professionals!
FSR provides healthcare professionals to government healthcare facilities supporting active military service members, retirees, and their families nationwide. Since 2004, FSR has matched talented individuals to organizations to create mutually beneficial, sustainable partnerships. FSR is a well-established, award winning organization built with committed professionals who have a unified vision of helping others to succeed and thrive.
We invite you to join our team and grow with us!
FSR is a woman-owned, minority, small business based out of Maryland.
Federal Staffing Resources dba FSR is an Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran/military spouse
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
Associated topics: activity therapist, lactation consultant, mhlb physical, movement disorder, movement therapist, orthopedic, physical, rehab, therapist outpatient, therapist physical