Are you a Recruiter who wants to hire for more than just jobs, but instead to hire for careers that make an impact? Join the General Dynamics Information Technology's Federal Health team, where we hire for programs that support Traumatic Brain Injury research for active military and veterans; Global Public Health programs with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; elimination of fraud, waste, and abuse in Medicare and Medicaid services; Bioinformatics and Technology support for the National Institutes of Health, and more.
Our team recruits for a wide range of careers from professional health services like Clinical Research Associates, Doctors, Nurses, Epidemiologists, Bioinformaticians and Statisticians; to IT professionals such as Software Developers, Systems Engineers, Desktop Support Specialist, Database Administrators and more.
We're seeking someone who prides themselves in their customer service skills and abilities to partner with hiring managers to really understand the needs of the program and scope of the job. This position can be 100% homebased or in one of our many offices nationwide. Ability to travel as needed, approximately 1-4 times a year is preferred.
- Consults with hiring managers to understand and then post requisitions that accurately reflect the duties, responsibilities, education, training, certifications, experience and security classifications required for the positions.
- Interviews, screens and evaluates external and internal candidates for job openings to identify applicants who fully meet the position requirements of posted requisitions and refers them to the hiring manager for consideration.
- Coordinates and actively participates in the selection of the final candidates.
- Research new careers, technologies, and/or alternate sources (Associations, niche job boards, MeetUps, LinkedIn groups, etc) and sources job boards to find candidates with unique or cutting edge experience.
- Makes employment recommendations based on information developed through prescreens, interviews, reference checks, applications, and resumes, insuring the compensation offer is competitive, internally equitable, and affordable.
- Performs compensation analysis and evaluates offers with hiring managers. Then negotiates and extends offers to candidates on behalf of GDIT.
- Completes or coordinates all on-boarding processes.
- Ensures all phases of the recruiting process are conducted in accordance with General Dynamics and GDIT's Ethics, Legal and Human Resources policies.
- Ensures that GDIT's internal applicant tracking system is maintained and completed; applicants are dispositioned according to OFCCP guidelines; internal candidates are dispositioned and contacted appropriately; and, interview reports are completed accurately.
- Works with marketing or other teams to create and place employment ads in newspapers, trade magazines, websites, etc.
- Runs queries of automated systems and provides information to management as requested.
- Collaborates with the Talent Acquisition team to brainstorm on hard to fill positions, pitch in on surge, etc.
- Coordinates and participates in job fairs as needed.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality in all tasks.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship with departments throughout GDIT and its clients to ensure that fair employment practices are followed
- Serves as an internal consultant to the business regarding staffing needs and projections, and advises on the best course of action to fill open positions.
- Conducts regular follow-up with GDIT and Clients' personnel to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
- Provides guidance and work leadership to less experienced Recruiters.
- Participates in special projects as required
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience with recruiting for a variety of skills (such as healthcare, public health, IT infrastructure, Software Development, data analytics, etc.)
- Experience drilling down on req intake calls to ensure OFCCP compliance, clear sourcing and realistic requirements
Desired Skills and Experience
- Government contracting and/or Staffing Agency experience preferred
- Experience working in a production environment meeting successful hiring goals and time to fill targets
- Experience collaborating with the team to brainstorm on hard to fill positions, pitch in on surge, etc.
- Experience with ATS systems such as Workday or ICIMS is a plus
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to work with all levels of personnel
- Ability to think outside the box
- Ability to ask the right questions to understand new careers and programs
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Associated topics: consultant, headhunter, interview, recruit, recruiter, sourcer, sourcing support, specialist, staffing coordinator, talent acquisition