Job Title: Systems Administrators - UNIX \\ Solaris \\ Redhat (NMMES)
Job Code: 11547782
Job Location: Norfolk, Virginia
IMAGINE ONE TECHNOLOGY & MANAGEMENT, LTD., is excited to invite you to join our team supporting an awarded tasking with the US Navy Maritime Maintenance Enterprise Solution (NMMES) Initiative. NMMES is a program led by the Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA) for the development and sustainment of shore-based ship maintenance and logistics automated information systems. We are now hiring Unix Systems Administrators.
Candidates with experience in Solaris 11 Administration and/or RedHat Enterprise Linux Administration is required. Also, must be willing to work off hours to perform maintenance that impacts users.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Establishes and maintains user accounts, assigning file permissions and establishing password and account policies
- Installs, upgrades, configures, tests, maintains and supports operating system software in a production and development environment.
- Configure and implement LDOM's and Zones pertaining to Solaris or Linux Virtual Machines where needed.
- Participates in monitoring system performance and reviewing performance metrics.
- Troubleshoots and resolves system software and communications problems and aids in performing configurations and adjustments to enhance performance
- Installs, configures and tests software packages
- Performs daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Creates and modifies shell scripts as necessary.
- Solaris 11 and/or RedHat Enterprise Linux Systems Administration experience - various years for various levels. Experience for associate/junior level positions may be earned from work or academic pursuits.
- Familiar with DoD network accreditation processes (desired)
- Familiar with DoD Information Assurance (IA) requirements and practices (desired)
- Associate Degree (AS/AA) or Bachelor Degree (BS/BA) in a relevant field, or possessing Systems Administrator expertise gained through prior education/training/employment such as military occupational specialty or classification
- Must meet Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II certification criteria specified in DoD 8570-01M which includes:
- Security+CE, (or one of the following equivalents: GSEC, SSCP, or CCNA-Security)
- A computing environment certification such as \"Oracle Certified Associate, Oracle Solaris 11 System Administrator\", \"Red Hat Certified System Administrator\", \"CompTIA Linux+\" or \"Linux Professional Institute LPIC-2\".
Imagine One offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs. 401K savings plan; $4K annual tuition reimbursement ($5K if pursuing Master's degree); employee training, development and education programs; profit sharing; advancement opportunities; and much more! Imagine One is an Employee Owned Company!
- U.S. Citizenship required.
- Must have a favorably NACLC (Secret)or adjudicated SSBI(Top Secret)
*Imagine One \"Contingent\" offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and Imagine One is established; namely, award of contract to the Imagine One Team. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance).
EEO/AA Employer. Protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities encouraged to apply.
Associated topics: http, infrastructure, maintenance, network, operating system, router, scom, system center configuration manager, tcp, tcp ip