Your role in helping us shape the future:
Join an innovative team that is responsible for driving Intelsat s vision by managing cross-functional teams through the product development lifecycle with the goal of launching new products and services, that will open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure reliable communications globally. You will coordinate and collaborate with highly matrixed teams across the organization to provide team structure and focus on achieving product launch objectives with quality, on schedule, and within budget. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers and doers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Are you up to the challenge?
As a talented and motivated professional, the Product Program Manager plays an integral role on Intelsat s Enterprise Program Management Office (EPMO) team. The Product Program Manager leads all aspects of the Product Development Lifecycle (PDL) with focus on maintaining compliance to the Intelsat PMO methodology, standards and PDL requirements.
Key contributions include:
- Successfully partner with Product Management to drive the development and execution of their new product concepts across Intelsat s functional areas and 3rd party technology and business partners
- Apply business acumen to formulate practical and effective program management approaches to ensure new products are delivered to market in an expedited manner to maximize revenue streams. Develop comprehensive product program reports and associated schedules.
- Manage multiple concurrent product programs varying in size and complexity, while rapidly adjusting to shifts in priorities.
- Apply formal change management practices that ensure that product programs are baselined at kickoff and all changes are thoroughly scrutinized for justification, impact to the program and have received appropriate approvals.
- Provide clarity on product program objectives, ensure that roles and responsibilities are well understood and address any conflict in a timely manner, with minimal direction and assistance from management.
Can you drive these processes?
- Act as a liaison, both internally and externally, in order to support the development and management of key product program relationships.
- Anticipate product program risks and issues and work to provide resolutions which ensure that stakeholder expectations are set appropriately.
- Effectively communicate information to diverse audiences, including translating subject matter terminology into clear business terms.
- Facilitate straightforward decisions from complex situations that keep teams and projects moving forward.
- Be a Product Program Management subject matter expert (SME) and establish working relationships with cross-functional teams throughout the company.
You should definitely have:
- 7-10 years of experience (or an equivalent amount of education and work experience)
- Experience working within product development or product management (or other primary leadership role in bringing new products to market).
- Demonstrated understanding of technology-based product lifecycle management, including development, launch and management phases, and primary roles/responsibilities and deliverables of key organizational functions.
- Experience leading large, dynamic programs and projects with cross-functional, matrixed resources.
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders, set direction and approach, mobilize and motivate teams and execute with limited information and ambiguity.
- Exceptional analytic skills to translate requirements and designs into successful action plans.
- Proven problem-solving skills to anticipate the risks of non-performance and incorporate prevention and remediation measures within the implementation plan.
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills combined with strong negotiation ability, delivered with a high level of influence and professionalism.
It would be nice if you had:
- Certified Project Management expertise
- Experience with telecommunications, satellite communications or other related managed services.
- Experience with Microsoft Project
What it s like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world s leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat s customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task