Join an innovative team that is responsible for transforming the customer experience by creating and bringing to market new products and services based upon globalized connectivity without boundaries. We reach beyond the traditional satellite industry and the broader communications landscape. As part of the Intelsat vision, we will define new products with the performance, features, and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Provide overall leadership and strategic direction for the Mobility Business Unit to drive revenue and market share growth for Intelsats mobility business globally. Achieve success via new product and service development, product management, and effective channel and go-to-market strategies. Collaborate with the global sales leader, engineering, operations, corporate strategy, human resources and other key constituents to implement and execute on product, channel and go-to-market plans. Transform and lead within the mobility market landscape with differentiated products and services. Responsible for directing all business unit functions such as product development, product management, product marketing, and pricing/business analysis, forecasting and revenue generation. Reports to the Chief Commercial Officer.
- Align the Mobility business unit objectives with firm business strategy through active participation in corporate strategic planning, sales strategy development, forecasting, sales resource planning, and budgeting to generate revenues that meet or exceed revenue plans.
- Leverage the Intelsat product development lifecycle process to drive overall product strategy and development for new and emerging products. Prioritize service requirements for support Organizations: Network Engineering, Operations, Business Management, Finance, Innovation Group and Market Development.
- Achieve annual mobility revenue target and with support from the financial planning and accounting team, develop accurate monthly revenue forecasts.
- Direct product, marketing and sales teams through the definition of B2B customer use cases to drive service and feature-set development.
- Develop and deploy global and regional go-to-market Mobility plans to enable sales to maximize focus and revenues.
- Provide leadership to the Mobility business unit, while fostering a culture of accountability, professional development, high-performance, and ethical behavior.
- Approach all activities as an Enterprise Leader by engaging and building cross-functional relationships to drive strategic initiatives and seek new ideas and encourage team to model same behavior.
- Lead Mobility business unit change initiatives by continuously assessing the need for organizational change, championing change initiatives, and removing obstacles impeding constructive organizational change.
- Build a world class Market Sector team by emphasizing the correct hiring, development and management of personnel.
- Recognize the role of data, metrics, account planning and time management in delivering the highest impact results with the least organizational effort. Develop consistent KPIs for sales success in business unit.
- Create and implement capex and opex plans with product managers for the Intelsat services to be delivered in each market sector. Provide input/guidance into Intelsat fleet deployment planning to optimize capex spending.
- Exemplify the desired culture and philosophies of the organization.
- Demonstrates and promotes a 100% commitment to providing the best possible overall experience for employees and customers.
- Promote and reinforce HR policies, procedures, retention programs and turnover reduction strategies.
- Must have a Bachelors Degree in an applicable field MBA preferred with at least five to seven years in a role working in, or closely with financial reporting, finance or treasury providing demonstrable understanding of public reporting requirements and financial statements. Excellent written communication skills and oral presentation ability required, as well as the ability to forge successful relationships with key internal and external partners.
- Must have a clear and thorough understanding of the financial modeling techniques used by security analysts, along with outstanding financial and investment analysis skills.
- Prior experience and track record in business management and business growth through development of new products and services, channel strategies, and value proposition, positioning and pricing.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated enterprise leadership and influencing stakeholder skills
- Profound knowledge of business, strategizing, and analysis techniques
- Product development lifecycle management skills
- Possess technical competence with tools, software, operations, and project management
- Outstanding written, oral, & communication skills
- Strong emotional intelligence, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Collaborative attitude and nature
- Ability to make decisions, drive for results, and be proactive
- Strong ability to lead multiple initiatives
- Highly resourceful and trustworthy
The candidate for this position should have the following competencies:
- Demonstrated leadership in managing staff and contractors
- High energy and self-motivation
- Ability to handle multiple projects and responsibilities in a corporate environment
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills by providing a positive & compelling leadership style that embeds a spirit of teamwork, competitiveness and winning in the sales team.
- Personal Drive & Acumen: Ability to educate / challenge others; challenger; creative problem-solving; decision making; enterprise leadership; strategic vision; agility; motivation; resourcefulness; business writing.
- This role is subject toITAR;candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the worlds leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsats customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.
Associated topics: ceo, corporate development, district manager, executive vice president, manager i, manager ii, manager iii, overall, regional director, state president