Knowesis is seeking a Senior Requirements Analyst in support of the Deployment Technologies & Support Programs Branch of the Defense Health Agency (DHA) Readiness Division. The Senior Requirements Analyst provides Portfolio Management Support for a wide range of existing and developing deployment technologies across all phases of the System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) supporting our nation's warfighters. The Senior Requirements Analyst applies industry best practices and guidelines and provides an expert understanding of the requirements management process and specific functional requirements pertaining to the client organization, maintaining up to date status on all functional requirements, relevant policies, and strategic initiatives. The Analyst takes corrective action and provides input as needed to ensure program success. The Analyst serves as an essential partner with clients to address critical emerging issues and manages Stakeholder engagement in the requirements process by communicating, collaborating, coordinating requirements reviews, and building and maintaining strong relationships with user Communities of Interest (COI), functional sponsors, the four branches of the Uniformed Services, The Joint Staff, and other Stakeholders.
* Lead overall planning and monitoring of requirements management process: applying expert understanding of project and requirements management process to provide recommendations and plans of action in response to issues as needed; assisting or leading development, drafting, editing/review, comment adjudication, and staffing/coordination of Working Group Charters, Concept of Operation (CONOPs), Business Use Cases (BUC), and other documentation.
* Lead development of functional requirements: eliciting and decomposing functional requirements from stakeholders; organizing and performing requirement traceability to ensure requirements have been satisfied; facilitating requirement management meetings; and researching and analyzing requirements.
* Perform initial and ongoing capability gap analyses as required and documenting the analyses and findings. Findings may be presented to Government client via point paper, action analysis, or through e-mail.
* Maintain and manage portfolio capability descriptions in the Military Health Systems (MHS) Portfolio Management Tool ('ProSight') and ensuring the high-level requirements are appropriately documented and linked in the Serena Dimensions Requirements Management (SDRM) tool; routinely coordinate with the capability owner to review the descriptions and links for currency and ensure the information is accurate.
* Prepare or develop decision support material and briefings (informational and decisions), papers, 5x8s, informational and decision papers and executive briefings that clearly describe requirements in an appropriate level of detail for IM/IT Governance to understand the capability supported by the IM/IT solution, alternatives and their business impacts and benefits, and the implications to the users, and assisting the client as required in presenting the briefings for decision.
* Assist the client in developing the functional requirements package to include CONOPs, BUC, identification of authoritative databases, and data elements.
* Assist clients with development of capabilities-based analysis, requirements strategies, operational requirements documents, and requirements traceability from pre-systems acquisition through deployment and sustainment; advising client on consistent flow across the planning, programming, budgeting, and execution (PPBE) phases of capability development, production, and deployment; and producing necessary staff papers and briefs to facilitate implementation of client strategies related to capability development.
* Develop User Requirements Documentation Packages; use industry best practices and guidelines to derive accurate and complete user requirements from the user requirement documentation package; collaborate with the functional sponsor and applicable Government offices, coordinate a review of the requirements with the user COI, functional sponsor, Services, Joint Staff, and other interested review bodies and adjudicate comments; and provide other necessary facilitation, research, analysis and documentation needed to deliver user requirements to client for approval.
* Support client in all requirement reviews to include: System Requirements Review (SRR), Preliminary Design Review (PDR), Critical Design Review (CDR), Requirements Analysis and Validation (RAV), Test Readiness Review (TRR), In-Progress Review (IPR), System Integrated Testing (SIT), and other associated reviews to assure user requirements are incorporated into system specifications as intended. Support may include gathering and analyzing results, documenting results and analysis, preparing for reviews by evaluating materials, analyzing and documenting any discrepancies, and reporting issues after reviews.
* Some administrative responsibilities, such as scheduling, planning, and coordinating meetings; packaging meeting materials and distributing as appropriate; developing briefings, talking points and other decision support materials for client as requested; preparing, coordinating approval of, and distributing meeting minutes to relevant Stakeholders; collecting and consolidating data in support of Quarterly and Annual Performance Plans; and assisting with general task management, will be required as part of the position.
Experience and Skills
Education: Bachelor's degree, Master's degree preferred.
Certifications: Specific certifications are not required however if held and applicable to requirements development will be considered favorably in the selection process.
Experience/Knowledge: Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience in requirements development and management is required. Thorough understanding of PPBE / JCIDS processes, Joint operations and Joint planning.
Skills: Experience briefing senior level personnel and working with DHA/Military Health Systems (MHS) community is strongly preferred.
Work Location: Client site in Falls Church, VA
Security Clearance: Secret - must have an active DoD Secret clearance
Founded in 2007, Knowesis Inc. has been providing data driven decisions and solutions to federal healthcare clients from day one. Our core capabilities include analytics and information management, planning and operations, and communication and engagement strategies. Knowesis' highly qualified, customer-focused professionals are committed to providing information and advice to enable client success through holistic, thorough, thoughtful, and aligned approaches. Our clients leverage these capabilities to support data driven decisions for their key business functions. Knowesis is dedicated to earning the loyalty of clients and staff through work ethic, collaboration, and humility. Our intent is to be a positive impact to our clients, team, and community.
Knowesis is Service Disabled Veteran Owned (SDVO) (CVE certified) and Small Disadvantaged Business (SBA certified 8a) with offices in San Antonio, Texas and Fairfax, Virginia. We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package inclusive of medical, dental, and paid time off.
For more information about working with Knowesis, please visit our website at
Knowesis is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. Knowesis will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, Knowesis will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.