LSG is an Industry Leader in providing Innovative, Client Focused, Logistics and, Information Technology Support. Our commitment to our customers, teammates, and personnel is to exceed expectations in everything we do. We take great pride in our responsiveness and in delivering this promise.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU!
Our employees are our biggest asset and we take pride in providing them with an environment that encourages growth, balance, and teamwork. LSG is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH LSG (if applicable)
- PTO & Holidays
- 401(k) Plan
- Healthy Environment
- FLSA Compliant
The Naval Medical Center, Portsmouth and its associated (7) Branch Medical Clinics (BMC), (11) Dental
Treatment Facilities (DTF) and (3) Tricare Clinics provide a full and complete range of inpatient and outpatient medical services to the operational forces and Military Health System (MHS) beneficiaries, and other eligible personnel within the Tricare IMD-Atlantic Region.
The NMCP Information Management Department (IMD) is responsible for the planning and implementation of medical information systems on a local and metropolitan area basis and in support of standard DoD and Navy medical information systems in accordance with Defense Health Agency (DHA) directives.
As part of this effort we are required to:
- Provide Network Engineering, Local Area Network, and day-to-day support for calls routed from the Information Management Department (IMD) Help Desk, Naval Medical Center Portsmouth (NMCP).
- Provide support and coordination to NMCP as they support beneficiaries of the DOD TRICARE initiative, TRICARE Next Generation contracts and carve-outs.
It is extremely critical that Navy Medicine has reliable data communications throughout the world as more users depend on the MHS network infrastructure to enhance the quality of care dedicated to MHS beneficiaries.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF THE TELECOMMUNICATIONS TECHNICIAN
As the Telecommunications Technician you will have the following areas of responsibilities:
- Plans installations, transitions, and cutovers of network components
- Establishes communications systems by installing, operating, and maintaining voice and data telecommunications, network circuits, and equipment
- Installs fiber optic and copper cabling, voice and data information outlets and related components, communications racks, patch panels, and telecommunications blocks, and IT and telecommunications wiring.
- Tests voice and data circuits using state-of-the-art test, measurement, and diagnostic equipment.
- Involved in the operation and maintenance of voice, data and video communication systems.
- Provides diagnostics to maintain telecommunications equipment.
- Troubleshoots problems and contacts appropriate vendors for service.
- Researches recommend and implement new technologies to ensure effective telecommunications services.
- Maintains contacts with vendors of telecommunications equipment and services regarding enhancements to or replacements for existing services and products.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Shall have a comprehensive knowledge of all phases of Wide Area range-based fiber-optic telecommunications network design, which includes network operating systems, software and hardware integration, infrastructure planning/installation, and enterprise management.
- Shall have the expertise to conduct network performance analysis.
- Shall have the ability to perform telecommunications maintenance, maintain vendor relations, and
- recommend systems procurement.
- Shall have a broad knowledge of local and wide area network protocols, internet connectivity and troubleshooting techniques.
- Associates Degree in related field.
- A total of five (5) years of working experience in these fields may be substituted for the academic requirement.
PRIMARY WORK LOCATION AND HOURS OF OPERATION
Location: Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
Hours of Operations: 08:00 17:00
Travel is not currently defined but may take place as needed.
Associated topics: field installation, field service, field service technician, field technician, install, installation, installation technician, mount, technician