Security Clearance: Secret with the ability to obtain Top Secret
The Program Financial Analyst will be responsible for organizing financial data, building spreadsheets and financial reports, reviewing contract requirements, performing financial analysis and projections, and identifying variances and issues in budget making, budget administration, and other program-wide issues and systems. Under the direction of a supervisor, the selected individual will be responsible for working on highly complex cost and planning program control functions and systems for various contract types. Additionally, the Program Financial Analyst will work with closely with Operations staff and program controls tools to develop reporting information sets to ensure the production of timely, accurate and insightful financial information.
* Provides project management/administrative support and coordination to a contract, project, task(s) or business unit.
* Sets up cost control system, monitors and controls costs and schedules on contracts requiring validated cost schedule control system.
* Performs analyses and prepares reports in order to ensure that contracts are within negotiated and agreed-upon parameters and government cost control guidelines.
* Prepares budgets, financial forecasts and schedules for contract work and performs and/or assists in financial analyses such as funding profiles, sales outlook, and variance analysis.
* Prepares program and WBS plans to ensure program requirements and statement of work are captured and scheduled.
* Performs schedule risk assessments to identify and mitigate program cost and scheduling risks.
* Ensures adequate funding availability by maintaining accurate records of expenditures, directing preparation of expenditure projections, and submitting timely requests for additional funding to the government.
* Incorporates contractual changes into control systems by staying aware of outstanding work against each contract in order to maintain realistic contract cost and schedule baselines.
* May represent the company at project planning meetings.
* May assist in providing interface and coordination with other contractors and other related programs to organize and review work progress.
* Experienced with frequent use and application of technical standards, principles and theories.
* Works under general supervision, providing solutions to technical problems of moderate scope/complexity.
Knowledge and Skills
* Must have advanced Excel skills, including formulas and pivot tables.
* Must possess in-depth knowledge in accounting procedures and practices.
* Must possess in-depth knowledge in Finance program interface for proposals, billings, cost control and other financial controls.
* Must have working knowledge of Cost Accounting Standards and Federal Acquisition Regulations.
* Must be able to work with management and other functional areas in a fast-paced multiple project environment with changing priorities.
* Must have excellent written and oral communications skills.
* Must demonstrate a good attitude and ability to work as a member of a team.
* Must possess self-motivation and a high level of discretion to work effectively under minimum level of supervision.
* Must be able to perform other duties, responsibilities and activities as needed.
Experience and Education
* Bachelor's degree required. Bachelor's with 2 4 years of experience, or a Master's with 0 -2 years of experience.
* Experience in setting up and monitoring the cost control system in a Federal contracting environment required.
* Experience in Deltek CostPoint required.
* Military, governmental, or Federal contracting experience required.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
* Normal office environment
* Core operating hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
* Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand
* Domestic travel may be required as duties demand.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Obsidian Solutions Group (OSG) is a diversified consulting and technology company providing flexible and responsive solutions to federal, state, and local agencies and organizations. Our core domains are overseas and domestic mission support operations, collection/analysis/identification, and information technology. Obsidian Solutions Group is comprised of strategic and operational personnel who provide its clients deep domain expertise across a comprehensive spectrum of skill sets, allowing mission accomplishment and development of long-term capabilities.
Obsidian Solutions Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, any other non-merit factor, or any other characteristic protected by law. Associated topics: analyse, analyst, examiner, financial analyst, inspect, investment analyst, investment analytics, investment banking, market, refinement
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.